When we’re in a situation where we introduce ourselves as a quantity surveyor, it isn’t uncommon that we’re then asked, “What does a quantity surveyor actually do?”
Well, that’s the question we’re hoping to answer for you in today’s blog.
We know there seems to be mystery surrounding quantity surveying, and many people aren’t entirely sure what it is that a quantity surveyor actually does. That’s why it’s a good job that here at Bushell Raven, we’re the experts in all things QS!
Firstly, let’s take a look at what a quantity surveyor is and what they do…
We know that working with building contracts can be a logistical nightmare unless you know what you’re doing, so we take care of all the paperwork, valuations and negotiations – allowing you to focus on what’s important.
Here’s a tick list of everything we cover:
- Develop preliminary cost plan
- Prepare tender documents and send out to different contractors
- Prepare pre-tender estimate
- Review and analyse tenders and prepare tender report
- Carry out cost saving exercises as required
- Prepare letter of intent/contract documents
- Check contractor’s monthly claim for payment and issue certificate
- Agree costs for variations and changes
- Prepare and issue monthly financial statements to Client
- Agree contractor’s final account
We pride ourselves on our simple and honest service. But what makes us different from all the other quantity surveyors out there? We have all the traditional skills, but we have a modern outlook too – and this mind-set is something that has made us stand head and shoulders from our competitors time and time again.
When you work with us you’ll feel secure in the knowledge that we have your best interests at heart – keeping costs down and projects complete on time!
So all in all, that’s what a Quantity Surveyor does – saves you money, time and stress. Simple.