Furness College Advanced Manufacturing Building
This project consisted of the construction of a new detached advanced engineering building for Furness College in Barrow. We were appointed by Furness College as their “Employer’s Agent” for the project which came in on time, to the quality specified and within the approved budget. A project we thoroughly enjoyed.
Our role summarised:
- Sourcing a full design team (i.e. architect, structural engineer, electrical & mechanical consultant) for the Client to vet and then appoint directly.
- Preparing the overall project cost plan at initial feasibility stage and developing the cost plan as the design developed to ensure the project was financially viable for the Client.
- Acting as lead consultant throughout the design stage, chairing all meetings and co-ordinating the project team.
- Competitively tendering out the project to contractors.
- Checking the tender returns and reporting to the client.
- Appointing a contractor on the client’s behalf.
- Acting as lead consultant throughout the build period, chairing all site meetings and liaising with the contractor over site queries.
- Valuing the works on site for payment and reporting to the client on the overall forecasted project cost.
- Signing off the building as complete at the end of construction.
The project is now complete and came in on time, to the quality specified and within the approved budget. This project, once again, has demonstrated the value of using excellent quality, local consultants and contractors who know the local market conditions and deliver every time.